Good tips for a gentle start
with hearing aids:
1. Wear them for most of the day. You will not get the most out of them if you use them infrequently.
2. Use them in quiet situations, and in one-on-one conversations at home.
3. Listen to the radio or TV – start by listening to commentators, as they tend to speak more clearly. Then continue with other programmes.
4. Use them in noisier environments such as near a busy road and at your local supermarket.
5. Use the phone. Remember to tilt the receiver edge lightly on your cheekbone and position the phone slightly over the ear close to the hearing aid’s microphone. This will prevent the hearing aids from whistling and give the best condition for conversation.